Planning to Sell A House?
Many factors go into assessing property value including:
- Market conditions (buyer’s or seller’s market)
- Employment opportunities
- School data
- Have an independent inspection and mediate any issues identified
- Handle any minor repairs needed and consider a fresh coat of paint
- Clean out unnecessary items from house and garage
- View staging slides for suggestions on prepping your house
- Keep the grounds well-maintained and free of obstacles
- Maintain a clean and uncluttered interior
- Arrange for care of pets during showing
- Make plans to be out of the house during showings
- Secure all valuables and don’t let anyone in without a pre-arranged appointment
- If a house is priced too high, it is likely to sit on the market a long time.
- If it is priced high and sells high but the buyer needs a mortgage to purchase it, keep in mind the lender will order an appraisal.
- If the appraisal does not show adequate value, the loan will be turned down. It would be difficult, particularly when lending restrictions are tight, for anyone to secure a mortgage without the value to support the loan.
- Contact Sharyn to help assess the value of your property.
- Complete necessary paperwork.
- List your property on Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to get the strongest viewing.
*Please note this checklist is simply a guideline but there could be exceptions to it.